Saturday, June 30, 2007

home - but not

OH after a long week, my first week of "50" - that special club that no one talks about til you get there!!! - My husband is HOME IN FLORIDA. Oh, we are together, in the simplest and most blissful ways.

And yet. He is different. I am different. The house is definitely different. He couldn't come home to the familiar, because it has changed. The house is getting ready to go. He is different, scarred, in a way, by the endurance lessons of living along out there. I am different, by similar scarring here. The scarring that knits into the foundation of things and lets new growth manifest.

So today we picked up the rental truck and packed up his office. The truck is only half full - so I'm going to go make the list of what can go from the house. Bookcases, nice chairs... and Buddha Bob says he wants to go. I'm shocked and a little afraid to breathe with this one. But if BB says he's ready, well, then, it must be time. So let's go. How do I work in this treatment space without my Buddha Bob here????

Tomorrow I take my Pharmacology final and then I'm DONE - if only for a week. Considering I'll be in a truck, it's a good week to not have to get online and use scholastic neurons. I'll need all recruits for how to drive this truck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home