Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Slogging Through

What a long long weekend. I am so tired of cooking. And shopping and planning... And tomorrow my favorite step-daughter K comes to visit. Time to pull out some kind of "mom" energy, since mh will be at work most of those days, and I'm on duty.

It might actually be fun, a nice break from the recent explosive antagonism on the daughter-stepdad front.

Meantime there's big grad-school application paperwork to get done.

And all the little closing-up tasks to put this business year to rest. Lots of internal turmoil about all that.

Christmas Eve, for the first time ever, I used my dad's holy water bottle for the blessing. Now I know a tiny bit about the power of sitting at the head of the table and wacking each one of us with corrective (holy) intentions.j

Christmas letters arrived today. From way up north. The babies that I worked on so long ago are growing up. To feel such joy and coherence of these different families is overwhelming. Maybe that's our next step, out beyond the pain and chaos and alienation might be some kind of coherence. Sure will be interesting to feel it live and in person next month at E's wedding. With the whole entire step-family present.

Until then, back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home