Tuesday, September 26, 2006

little family, big family

Yesterday it took all day to get from Blue Mounds, WI back home to FL. It was a very different landing: mh was at work, my daughter at school; they had left my car at the airport so I could get myself home. Simply sitting in my own car was bliss. Then there was the sweet chaos of my daughter and her boyfriend catching me up on the news. I went to fetch mh from work and the four of us percolated in the kitchen, decompressing and story-telling.

It was so sweet. It felt like midline had returned, they all could exhale. It was wonderful to sit back and watch them all realign in our little orbit. This is my little family, alive and knit together and vibrant.... this is what I come home to. They beam me back home. We've got big energy, the three or four of us, and it comes from this very sweet, reliable core of big big love.

I've never known it to be like this.

And knowing that I come home to this lets me go back out into the world, to my big teaching family, in a smoother way. Their big love holds me all the way out and back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home